Monday, April 14, 2008

The Wizard and The Water Boy

I am a little girl. I am standing on smooth stones by the sea. The Wizard is there. He is teaching me water magick. I cast my eyes upon the ocean and with a wave of his wand I understand.

Now I am beneath the surface. Now I am under the undulating atmosphere of the waves. The water is cool. It suspends me as I sink further into its depths.

Now there is a child. A little boy. He is not like me. His skin is a pale, silvery blue, like the scale of a fish. His ears are long and pointed, extending beyond his head like those of a rabbit. He is a mer-child. A water boy. An undine.

He wants me to come to him. He wants me to play. But if I stay, I’ll drown. I turn from him and try to swim back to shore. But his will oppresses me, I can feel his childish desire drawing me back into the deep. He is not trying to harm me. He just wants me to stay. He is curled into a fetal position, distressed that I want to leave.

I break the surface of the water. I break free of his will. I clamber onto the smooth stones by the wizard’s feet. I breathe deeply the fresh air. I am tired and saddened. We all regard each other from our own realities. The wizard in his wisdom knows this is for the best. We play together within our minds for we can Never be … The Dreaming shifts.

0 comments: