Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Tim’s World

I receive an invitation from Tim Burton to join him in his world in his head. The invitation is delivered by his partner, Helena Bonham Carter. She and I take off on a fast and furious, wild and winding broom stick ride from my house to Tim’s home inside of his mind.

The ambiance within Tim’s world is dark and enshadowed, deep greens and rich golds. Sally and Emily from The Nightmare before Christmas and Corpse Bride are waiting with Tim for me. I am initiated into his Harem of Rag Dolls as its resident faerie foundling.

After being given unkempt and disheveled hair, eyes encircled with dark shadows and my very own gothique rag doll dress, we are set to work in Tim’s garden of wonders and delights, where the magick of his masterpieces in film are created everyday. The tattoo of my faerie wings lifts off my back to spread in all of its three-dimensional glory, the deep green of the tattoo complementing the garden, the neutral tones of my outfit and the hues of the lush colours in which the walls of Tim’s world are lavished. Thus I depart from The Dreaming …

0 comments: