Monday, April 7, 2008

Cat in a Cabinet (from fur-child to spirit guide)

I am in The Dreaming, when at the bottom of a flowering bush appears a small kitten. I reach tentatively down for him, wary that he might scratch or bite me out of fear, and though he is hesitant and afraid at first, he in time begins to trust that I will do him no harm, and relaxes into my hand, becoming comfortable, playful and affectionate.

Suddenly one of my recently passed fur-children, a cat called Vanna, appears in a cabinet floating in the air, where he is watching games of cricket and football on a field spread before him, before falling to sleep. After some while passes, he wakes up and leaps down from the floating cabinet and walks over to me, shifting the dream from the field to my room.

I am now in my room, but still in The Dreaming, and I am talking to Vanna online. He types that he is outside my door, waiting patiently to be let in … and he brought crickets with him. Whether they are alive or dead, friends or food I am not certain, but I get up from before the computer and I walk over to the door to let him in, and in he strolls, graceful and cutesy with a mouth full of crickets. I guess they were food after all. Thus The Dreaming ends …

(To Vanna: Thank you for the visit Love, it is nice to know that even from Other-where, you are making sure that I am well-fed. I love you too).

0 comments: