Wednesday, July 29, 2009

School Recital

The members of an arts club called Chimera Opus are in a school hall at one of the local colleges on an island called Barbados. I am there as well. I have not been a member for a year or two. A girl called Petrina is now the President of the Club. She is doing a great job and the club is thriving despite its shaky beginnings. The club is at the college performing a recital.

There is an altercation between a figure of authority at the college and myself. Although I cannot remember the details of the altercation, I do remember stalking back to my seat arguing at the official and having a girl named Lee-Ann and a boy named Ian ask me what was wrong. After explaining the situation with them, I then decide to leave, and say goodbye to Petrina and the rest of the club.

In the corridor outside of the school hall I see other members of the club, boys by the name of Adrian and Dario, coming into the recital late. I tell them about what happened and why I’m leaving and to let Petrina know that she is doing a stellar and fantastic job running the club. They no longer need me here. There are no hard feelings and I am happy for us all. I then depart, and the Dreaming shifts …

0 comments: