Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Wolf

There is a wolf. He is stalking me in the midst of others. I am running. I am being chased by the wolf. I can’t stop or even slow down. I am running from the wolf down a highway. He is always in the back of my mind’s eye’s peripheral vision, ready to pounce. His eyes are red, his fur is blue, black and grey, and his breath smells of garlic. We are nearing my home. Just before I get to my home, I turn and face the wolf. We confront each other at last. The wolf is pulsing with malice, hate and evil intent. The wolf approaches me, and as he does, all negativity fades. I morph into a she-wolf. We romp and play and mate beneath the full moon. He is now my home, and I am his.

Alternative ending

I run home. I lock all the doors and windows. But there is always one that doesn’t close fully, there is always one that there is not enough time to close. There is always one entrance that feels insecure. The wolf comes. I hide under the bed waiting for him to find his way in through the insecurities, through the windows that were not closed or fully shut. He is inside the house. He is looking for me to kill me. He finds me and pounces and I awake, usually feeling panicked, paranoid and very afraid.

0 comments: