Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Dying City

Prologue: I am in a cave with a boy named Fred, a cave divided into small rooms like a house. Some of his friends are there in one room. I however am alone with him. I feel the angst of the old days, the love, the weakness. He feels love for me as well, he feels desire and he too is weak. We make love emotionally, psychically, for we never touch.

I am in a city. Broken and rat-ruled. Everyone must leave, even the rodents, for the city is dying. There are not enough ships for the people, there is not enough space in the water for the rats to set sail their homes. Some must stay behind. Rats, people, some lives must end.

I wander the streets looking for a quick way out of this death zone. I put together a small gang, consisting of my self [as a guy], two other guys and a cute girl. We go to steal a ship and run into another gang with the same idea.

Working together, me and their leader, a guy with the spiritual essence of the boy named Fred, manage to secure a ship for both our people.

We leave but the guy double-crosses me [maybe we double-cross him first, or he thinks we did. We might have stolen something which belongs to him, while the people and the rats were trying to escape].

We have to abandon ship in order to hide from him, because at this moment he is more powerful than I am. We run to an abandoned building, we run in the opposite direction of those who want to escape, who want to live, who want freedom.

We hide out in the bathrooms of that building, hoping the ship and the girl we left behind would be alright and still there if we survive. He comes. He attacks. It seems he is only after me. I am wounded with a shot, while my other two guys remain unharmed.

They leave and much relieved, I don’t ask why, but make my way back to my ship. In all the panic and chaos it has not been discovered, and neither has our girl. Many people and rats have to stay behind. Some are still trying to leave. But most have gone and the city is almost empty.

We take off into the day, for most of this dream was cast in the darkness. As we soar we spot the other ship. He lands on us, and attaching himself to us, he drags us down into the ocean. All seems lost. Our ship is sinking and cannot fly.

Then suddenly we are in their ship, and they are in ours falling to the bottom of the ocean. Their leader is with us. He apologises for before. He had to make it look like he wanted to kill us, so that he could kill his own gang. He couldn’t leave them if he didn’t, and he had to leave.

Taking our girl into the back of the ship, I get a panoramic visual of exactly why, and all is clear, and all is safe. Their physical union mirrors the love between me and the boy named Fred in the prologue and I now understand why the gang leader has the spiritual essence of that boy.

We land ship and part ways at our respective ground vehicles. He takes away our girl, but I bear him no grudge, as I wish them nothing but the best. Me and the guys are on our own now, driving towards whatever adventures will next come our way.

0 comments: