Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Shadows


This dream is not my own. It is the dream of the man who sleeps next to me at night. It is a dream caressed and carved from the flesh of my own Dreaming. And this is it.

There is a dark shadow. It waits in the dark shadows. Behind the wall and behind the door waiting for its chance. Its chance to sit upon me. Like a dog upon a cat. Like a god upon a man. Powerful. Possessive. Persecuting.

Each time the man drifts to dream, the shadow runs. It runs from behind the door and behind the wall to get what it had been waiting for. Me. To oppress and to overwhelm. Me. To engulf into the dark and the shadow of itself. Me.

He snaps his eyes wide open to scare it away. To scare away the shadow and to save his love. Me. It runs back to the door and to the wall. Back to the dark shadows within which it is a dark shadow. It is a game they play for a while. All night to be exact. He is tired the morning after.

Dedicated to Testament, who saves me from the dark and the shadows, even in my dreams...

0 comments: